Collisions with glass claim the lives of millions of birds every year. Birds are unable to pick up clues that windows are present and frequently don’t survive impact. Fortunately, birds have a broader spectrum of vision than people and can see colors that are part of the ultraviolet spectrum, giving them better visual acuity than people.
This is where GlasPro Bird-Safe, a bird-friendly glass with ultraviolet reflective patterns can help prevent bird-window collisions while being highly-transparent to the human eye.
With an American Bird Conservancy (ABC) Avoidance Index (AI) of 79 percent, GlasPro’s Bird-Safe glass significantly exceeds the ABC’s minimum standard for effective bird collision deterrent materials of 70 percent. Under sunny conditions the product’s AI is 84 percent which is considered highly-effective
This means that birds avoid the glass because they can see the bird-friendly, colorful patterns in the ultraviolet reflective glass. The GlasPro Bird-Safe solution is proven to effectively deter birds, improve energy efficiency, meet safety standards and maintain the user experience with its high transparency.
• Laminated Safety glass ANZI z97.1
• Meets the performance standards required throughout North America when
combined with high performance low-E glass.
• Highly effective: American Bird Conservancy Avoidance Index: 79%
• LEED Pilot Credit 55: Bird Collision Deterrence
• Budget friendly
• Fast lead times
• Made in the United States
• Easy to implement at the manufacturing stage
• Requires minimum upkeep
• Highly quality offers extremely long-life
Watch the four-minute video to learn more about GlasPro Bird Safe glass.